Seared Tuna and Kumato® Salad
4Seared Tuna and Kumato® SaladServes 4
2020 Mins 15 Mins 35 Mins
- 1 lb Kumato® tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (9 oz) piece sushi grade Ahi tuna
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely sliced
- Pinch of red Thai chilies, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp fresh garlic, puréed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns
- Cut each tomato into quarters and place on a platter with cut sides up. Sprinkle evenly with salt and set aside.
- Preheat a large pan to medium heat.
- Pat tuna steak dry with a paper towel then season with salt and pepper. Add oil to pan and add tuna, gently pressing so the entire surface touches. Sear for 2 minutes. Using a thin offset spatula, very gently flip the tuna, pressing down gently and searing for another 2 minutes.
- When done, transfer tuna to a lipped plate. Pour orange juice and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil over the entire steak. Flip occasionally and allow to cool to room temperature, about 8 minutes. Reserve juices.
- In a small bowl combine parsley, chives, Thai chilies, garlic, and remaining extra-virgin olive oil. Pour reserved juices into the bowl and mix.
- Using a sharp knife, cut steak against the grain into long strips about 1″ wide. Using your hands, gently pull apart at its natural grain lines into chunks the size of a strawberry.
- Arrange tomatoes on a platter and garnish with red onion. Place the steak pieces around the tomatoes and spoon dressing over top.
Kumato® is a registered trademark of a Syngenta Group Company
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.