Quinoa Fava Bean Salad by @lessonsbylisa_
2-4Quinoa Fava Bean Salad by @lessonsbylisa_Serves 2-4
1010 Mins 15 Mins 25 Mins
- *Canned fava beans (rinsed/drained)
- Chopped parsley
- SUNSET® Bell Peppers
- Green or white onion
- ONE SWEET® Tomatoes
- SUNSET® English Cucumbers
- Olives (including some of the brine)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Avocado and jalapeno (optional)
- Lemon juice (make it sour)
- Minced garlic
- Dried mint
- 1.5 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Other quinoa-bean salads options include:
- Black bean-corn + cilantro
- Garbanzo beans
- Mung beans
- Or even mixing several beans. The options are endless and can be customized to your likes and dietary needs. That’s the joy of food!
- To cook the quinoa: Combine the rinsed quinoa and the water in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then decrease the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. ***For a softer bean, boil them for a few minutes before adding to salad.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, olives, radishes, chopped parsley, and optional ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic and dried mint. Whisk until blended, then set aside.
- Once the quinoa is mostly cool, add it to the serving bowl, and drizzle the dressing on top.
- Refrigerate salad for about an hour before serving.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.