Porcini-Lamb Meatballs with Mini Cucumber & Fennel Salad
4Porcini-Lamb Meatballs with Mini Cucumber & Fennel SaladServes 4
1515 Mins 35 Mins 50 Mins
For the Porcini-Lamb Meatballs:
- ¼ cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking oil spray
For the Cucumber & Fennel Salad with Yogurt Sauce:
- 6 Mini Cucumbers, sliced on the bias, 1” thick
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced crosswise and fronds reserved
- ½ cup full fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a spice grinder, pulverize the porcini mushrooms, fennel seeds, and dried thyme into a fine powder.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the spice mixture with parsley leaves, garlic cloves, Kosher salt, and black pepper and pulse until the parsley and garlic is finely chopped. Add in the ground lamb, egg, panko breadcrumbs, and the olive oil. Pulse until just combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll the lamb mixture into 2” balls (about 12 total). Place on the baking sheet, evenly spaced, and spray tops with cooking oil spray. Bake until browned and cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Cucumber & Fennel Salad with Yogurt Sauce: In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, grated garlic, honey, and Kosher salt. Mix well to combine and adjust seasoning. Add in the sliced cucumber and fennel and toss well to combine.
- To serve, arrange the Cucumber & Fennel salad on a platter and top with the meatballs. Garnish with fennel fronds, if desired.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.