Campari® Tomato-Miso Soup with Holiday Croutons
4Campari® Tomato-Miso Soup with Holiday CroutonsServes 4
77 Mins 37 Mins 44 Mins
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, very thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 containers Campari® Tomatoes, halved
- ⅔ cup white miso paste
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. + ½ tsp. Kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- (4) ¾”-thick slices of sourdough, torn into small pieces
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Togarashi (Japanese spice blend)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sliced onion and smashed garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the Campari® Tomatoes and cook until they burst, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the miso, brown sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, 1 tsp. Kosher salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Add water (or stock, if using) and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, breaking up any remaining intact tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the sourdough pieces on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss well to combine. Season with remaining ½ tsp. Kosher salt and bake for 10 minutes. Add parmesan and toss well to combine. Allow to finish baking until golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with T Set aside.
- Working in batches, transfer the tomato soup mixture to a blender and purée until smooth. Return the soup to a clean pot and re-warm the soup over low heat, if necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve topped with the croutons.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.