Mini Kumato® & Squash Risotto
6Mini Kumato® & Squash RisottoServes 6
55 Mins 40 Mins 45 Mins
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup butternut squash, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8-10 sage leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1-½ cups arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 pint Mini Kumato® tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup grated pecorino or Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Bring stock to a simmer in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- In a wide heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Fry the sage leaves until crisp, and transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- To the sage oil, add the butternut squash and cook over medium-high heat until the edges begin to brown, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and continue to sauté until onions and garlic have softened, about 3 more minutes.
- Add the rice to the skillet and toast gently, stirring continuously, for about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for an additional minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, scraping the bits on the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle in 1 cup of the broth at a time, stirring continuously, and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock until the rice is cooked to al dente. Turn off the heat and taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Stir in the pecorino (or parmesan) cheese until melted. Serve garnished with crispy sage leaves and additional grated cheese, if desired.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.