Mediterranean Cous-Cous Stuffed XL Beefsteak Tomatoes
6Mediterranean Cous-Cous Stuffed XL Beefsteak TomatoesServes 6
2525 Mins 35 Mins 60 Mins
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1-½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, grated and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup dill, roughly chopped
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 6 Premium XL Beefsteak Tomatoes, with tops removed and tomatoes hollowed
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the couscous, stirring occasionally until the pearls are lightly toasted. Then, add the stock, turmeric, and ½ tsp. Kosher salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, and turn off heat. Allow to sit, covered, for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the lemon zest and juice, garlic, shallots, olive oil, almonds, dried cranberries, dill, parsley, and Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper (to taste). Add the cooked couscous and toss well to combine.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet. Fill each tomato with the herbed couscous mixture.
- Drizzle each stuffed tomato with some olive oil then transfer to the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender and just start to soften. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.