Mardi Gras Nachos with Creole Queso
4-6Mardi Gras Nachos with Creole QuesoServes 4-6
1010 Mins 30 Mins 40 Mins
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tsp. Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, sliced
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined and tails removed
- 1 Aloha™ Pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ½ cup sliced okra
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced (+ celery leaves for garnish)
- 1 cup One Sweet® Tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups blue and yellow corn tortilla chips
- For the Creole Queso: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 2-3 minutes. While whisking, pour in the milk. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add the shredded colby jack cheese and 1 tsp. Creole seasoning and whisk until smooth. Keep warm until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the grapeseed oil and sliced sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove cooked sausage from the pan and set aside. Return the pan to the heat and add in the shrimp and 1 tsp. Creole seasoning. Cook until pink and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Return the pan to the heat and add in the Aloha Pepper, onion, okra, and garlic. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in celery and One Sweet Tomatoes.
- Arrange blue and yellow corn tortilla chips on a large serving platter. Top with Creole Queso followed by the smoked sausage, shrimp, and vegetable mixture. Garnish with celery leaves and serve.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.