Hidden Veggie Mac & Cheese
2Hidden Veggie Mac & CheeseServes 2
- ½ cup unsalted raw cashews
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb. cooked pasta
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 chopped red bell pepper, destemmed and seeds removed
- 1 cup Wild Wonders® tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- Sliced scallions, for garnish (optional)
- Add cashews, milk, and vegetable broth to a blender and allow to sit and soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. On a large baking sheet, toss the cauliflower, butternut squash, carrots, red bell pepper, and tomatoes with the olive oil and roast for 45 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the blender along with the nutritional yeast, mustard, garlic powder, and Kosher salt. Blend well, about 1-2 minutes, or until the cashews are completely broken down and the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the veggie sauce to a deep skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Stir in ¾ cup of the shredded cheese and keep stirring until the cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in the cooked pasta. Garnish with the remaining cheese and scallions (if using).
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.