Green Bean & Wild Wonders® Tomato Salad with Crispy Shallots
4 to 6Green Bean & Wild Wonders® Tomato Salad with Crispy ShallotsServes 4 to 6
1010 Mins 30 Mins 40 Mins
- 1 lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 pint Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, halved
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup neutral oil, more or less as needed
- 2 Tbsp. aged sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Prepare an ice bath large enough to hold the green beans. Drop beans into a saucepan with salted boiling water. Cook until crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the ice bath and allow to cool. Strain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and fry until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the shallots from the oil. Sprinkle the shallots with a pinch of Kosher salt and black pepper, then reserve oil and shallots separately.
- In a salad bowl, add vinegar, ¼ cup reserved shallot oil and ¼ tsp. Kosher salt, and whisk. Add green beans and tomatoes, and toss well. Top with reserved crispy shallots.
- Sprinkle with mint and chives, and finish with flaky sea salt.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.