Farro Salad With Summer Corn & Mini Kumato®
4Farro Salad With Summer Corn & Mini Kumato®Serves 4
1515 Mins 15 Mins 30 Mins
- 1 cup farro
- 3 oz. jamon Serrano, torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2-½ cups water
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt (plus more for seasoning)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 ear of corn, grilled and kernels removed from the cobb
- 1 cup Mini Kumato®
- 2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel two long strips of rind from the lemon. Reserve peels and remaining lemon.
- Preheat a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil and the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot is translucent but has not browned. Next, add 2-½ cups of water, 1 Tbsp. kosher salt and the two pieces of lemon peels. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the farro and gently simmer until al dente, about 10 to 15 minutes; drain well and add to a large bowl. While the farro is still warm, add in 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, grated parmesan cheese, and black pepper. Zest and juice the remaining lemon and add them to the farro. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the arugula and chives to the farro, toss to combine, then transfer to a serving platter. Top with the charred corn, jamon Serrano, mini kumatos, and avocado. Sprinkle with additional grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.