Campari® Tomato & Beet Tartare
2-4Campari® Tomato & Beet TartareServes 2-4
1515 Mins 75 Mins 90 Mins
- 1 medium beet, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 containers Campari® tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced shallot
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. prepared horseradish
- Chives, for serving
- Cornichons, for serving
- Toast points or crackers, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Rub beet with the olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a small baking sheet and roast until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a simmer in a medium pot. Set up an ice bath. Using a paring knife, score the bottom of each tomato. Simmer the tomatoes in the water until the peels begin to curl back, about 30 seconds to one minute. Transfer the tomatoes to the ice bath and then drain.
- Once cool enough to handle, carefully peel the tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half and scoop out the seeds. Chop the tomatoes and sprinkle with ½ tsp. Kosher salt. Place in a colander and allow to drain of excess water for at least 30 minutes. If needed, press with paper towels to remove excess liquid.
- Once the beet is cool enough to handle, finely chop and add to a medium bowl with the tomatoes. Add in the shallots, capers, worcestershire, 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, and sherry vinegar. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining Dijon mustard and horseradish. Reserve for topping.
- Using a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, spoon in the tomato-beet mixture on a serving plate. Top with the reserved dijon-horseradish and sprinkle with chives. Serve with cornichons and toast points, if desired.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.