Campari® Margherita Pizza
4Campari® Margherita PizzaServes 4
1515 Mins 30 Mins 45 Mins
For the Pizza:
- 1 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 1 cup strained tomato sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Flour, to stretch the dough
- 2 (1lb.) balls of pizza dough (store bought, or see recipe below)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ball of mozzarella, sliced
- 1 pkg. Campari tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
For the Dough:
Makes two, 1lb pizza dough balls
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 Tbsp instant/quick-rise yeast
- 2¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1¼ cups plus 2 tablespoons warm water
For the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 500F. Set an oven rack in the middle position. Dust a baking sheet with half of the cornmeal.
- In a bowl, stir together strained tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and oil. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, stretch and press one ball of dough into a 12” round shape. Gently transfer dough to the cornmeal baking sheet, reshaping if needed.
- Spread half of the sauce on the dough, leaving a ½” boarder around the edges.
- Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese, oregano and half of the mozzarella.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Rotate the pan and check the bottom of the crust for doneness. Bake for about another 6 minutes or until the bottom crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and place half of the sliced Campari tomatoes on top. Garnish with half of the basil. Slice and serve warm.
- Repeat with remaining pizza dough and ingredients.
For the Dough:
- Combine the flour, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir with a spoon to combine. Add the oil and water and stir until the dough just comes together. Using a stand mixer with the dough hook, knead on medium-low speed until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 to 7 minutes. The dough should be slightly tacky and cling just to the bottom of the bowl; if it seems too dry during the kneading process, add 1 Tbsp. of water. If it seems too sticky, add 1 Tbsp. of flour.
- Dust your hands with flour, then gather the dough into a ball and transfer it to a lightly oiled large bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel and let the dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- When the dough has risen, punch it down and place on a lightly floured surface. Cut the dough in half and roll each piece into a ball.
- Cover the dough balls with a damp kitchen towel and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes (the dough will rise a bit). Using your hands, stretch the dough to the desired shape. Proceed with your pizza recipe.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.