Cajun Shrimp & Tomatoes with Dirty Rice
4Cajun Shrimp & Tomatoes with Dirty RiceServes 4
1010 Mins 35 Mins 45 Mins
- 4 tsp. Cajun or Creole seasoning, divided
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 lb. colossal shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Andouille sausages, sliced into rounds
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1-½ cups white rice
- 3-½ cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 container MiMi® Gourmet Tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tsp. of the Cajun (or Creole) seasoning and brown sugar. Sprinkle the mixture over the shrimp on all sides.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Transfer the cooked shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add the sausages to the skillet and brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the cooked sausage to the plate with the shrimp and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rice, in addition to the remaining 2 tsp. Cajun (or Creole) seasoning, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 20-23 minutes, or until rice is cooked and the stock has been absorbed.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Add in the MiMi® Gourmet Tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Transfer rice to a serving platter. Top with reserved shrimp and andouille sausage. Garnish with scallions and parsley and serve.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.