Autumn Flatbread with Angel Sweet® Pumpkin Sauce and Wild Wonders® Peppers
4Autumn Flatbread with Angel Sweet® Pumpkin Sauce and Wild Wonders® PeppersServes 4
2020 Mins 15 Mins 35 Mins
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 pint Angel Sweet® tomatoes
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- (1) 15-oz. can pumpkin purée
- 1 ball of fresh pizza dough (homemade or store-bought
- 4 oz. cooked diced pancetta
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 Wild Wonders® peppers, julienned
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Balsamic glaze, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Heat 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in the sage leaves and gently fry on both sides, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oil and place on a paper-towel lined plate to cool.
- To the oil, add in the onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the garlic clove followed by the Angel Sweet® and Kosher salt. Cook until the tomatoes just start to burst, about 6-7 minutes. Add in the pumpkin purée, stir to combine, and cook until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat to cool slightly. Once cooled, use an immersion blender to purée the sauce. Set aside.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil onto a baking sheet. Stretch and shape the pizza dough into an oblong shape and place on the greased baking sheet. Top the pizza dough with some of the Angel Sweet-Pumpkin Sauce followed by the Gruyère cheese, pancetta, Wild Wonders® peppers, Kalamata olives, and shallots. Place in the oven and bake until the crust is golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top with fried sage leaves and a drizzle of balsamic glaze and serve.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.