Vegetarian Kumato® and Eggplant Lasagna
This vegetarian lasagna is so flavorful you won’t even miss the meat. Promise.
Serves 4, with leftovers
- 2 mini eggplants
- 1/4 C kosher salt
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- 2 lbs Kumato® tomatoes
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Slice eggplant into ¼” thick lengthwise slices. Place on paper towel lined baking sheet then heavily salt both sides and allow to sit for 2 hours or overnight to drain off excess moisture. When moisture has been rendered from eggplant, pat with paper towels and set aside. Slice zucchini lengthwise into ¼” thick slices and slice tomatoes into ¼” thick slices.
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly grease an oven safe 9” x 9” baking dish. Begin by laying a very thin layer of béchamel, then eggplant, followed by a very thin layer of béchamel, zucchini, very thin layer of béchamel, tomato, very thin layer of béchamel. Alternate until all the vegetables and béchamel is used up.
- Sprinkle bread crumb and cheese mixture evenly on top. Drizzle the top of the breadcrumbs with olive oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes until heated through. Allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Putting It Together
Béchamel is a delicious and versatile sauce. Make some extra for casseroles, mac n’ cheese, scalloped potatoes and savoury pies!
Kumato® is a registered trademark of a Syngenta Group Company.