1 package SUNSET® baby eggplants, cut into 1/3″ slices
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
1/2 cup Angel Sweet® tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella
1 cup basil dressing (instructions below)
1/2 C picked basil leaves
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
– Preheat oven to 400 F.
– Toss eggplant with salt and let stand for 10 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
– Place eggplant on lined baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.
– Roast for 10 minutes, until eggplant is just cooked through. Remove from oven and turn on broiler.
– Top with tomatoes and cheese.
– Broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
– Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
– Dollop a small amount of basil dressing over each slice.
– Garnish with additional basil leaves and sea salt.